Year 4 have had a busy week getting to grips with the ‘Online Library’, set up by our Librarian, Miss Robson.
The children have been learning how to search through the library’s vast catalogue (almost 9000 books worth!), choosing their next reads by reserving books and writing fantastic book reviews for the whole school to read.
The enthusiasm throughout the year group has been incredible with over 100 books being borrowed by Year 4 this week alone. Children who had reserved books that were available, were pleased to see them delivered to their classrooms the very same day too!
We hope that all of Year 4 will make the most of this new, virtual way to enjoy our wonderful school library.
Have a look at some of the photos of us testing it out in class. You can also have a go at home too, here is some advice from Miss Robson of things to remember…
Miss Robson’s Top Tips for using the Online Library
- Try using Google Chrome on an iPad or computer to access the Online Library easily
- Make sure you remember to put capitals in your log in and passwords
- Our example, student Paige Turner, would have the log in: BR1234 and the password would be 221chPaTu
- If you are searching for a book by an author, type in their surname first
- Reserve books that say ‘Available’ and you are more likely to receive those than the books that are ‘On Loan’
- If you’re writing book reviews, don’t forget that they can be read by the whole school – check your spelling before submitting them!